Stop the Bleed® is a national awareness campaign and a call to action. Stop the Bleed is intended to cultivate grassroots efforts that encourage bystanders to become trained, equipped, and empowered to help in a bleeding emergency…becoming the beginning of the trauma care chain of survival.
During Stop the Bleed training, you will learn how to:
- Determine if an area is safe for you to proceed toward a victim to provide assistance
- Identify any nearby tools to assist you such as a publicly placed bleeding control kit or everyday items that can be used to control bleeding.
- Use your hands to apply direct pressure at the site of the wound to stop bleeding
- Pack a deep wound with cloth or gauze to control bleeding
- Correctly apply a tourniquet to an injured limb to stop bleeding
- Keep the victim calm until help arrives
No matter how quickly emergency responders arrive, bystanders will always be first on the scene
A victim who is bleeding can die from blood loss within five minutes
Learn the skills to save a life
There are no scheduled classes at this time